Wednesday, March 4, 2015

3.2.2015

 This week was pretty good. I have felt very well received by the members here. We have been visiting them and have taken a few teaching with us. I hope that their enthusiasm continues. My companion is from San Antonio Texas. Elder Montgomery goes home at the end of this transfer. We3 have a few investigators, but we have had to drop many of them. Unfortunately, I have not gotten any closer to the coast. In the package if you could also send some more black socks please. That was a cool video of Benjamin's basket. But then I got moved down here, haha. I have been trying extra hard to be obedient sand diligent. I was reading in Alma chapter 30 about Korihor and Alma this week. Korihor taught that it did not matter what we do in this life, it is of no consequence. Throughout the rest of the week, Elder Montgomery and I have had several meetings with people of various faiths who present a similar, but perhaps more deceptive arguments about how what we believe does not matter. All rivers lead to the same ocean. As I was reflecting on this, I thought about how the stories in the Book of Mormon are not so different from what happens today. The gospel is so simple, true and perfect. I am grateful I have the gospel in my life. Seeing the members here has been an excellent reminder of the joy that comes from living the truth. We also had stake conference this week and it was great. The spirit was there and it was all about families. I sure do love you guys. Thanks for sending the package. Don't forget something for Elder Montgomery please!


Love, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment