Saturday, March 28, 2015

3.23.2015 (Another Picture)

We got bikes!  Also just this morning I got to drink from some coconuts that just got cut down and I thought of how much I would enjoy you guys being here. These last few weeks have been good. Elder Montgomery and I are working on making our area more balanced with member work and reactivating less actives. A big success of the week was that we got to meet and start to teach Sister B's husband! She is the one that I wrote about a few weeks ago who is confined to a wheel chair. This picture actually was taken on our way to visiting them last night. When we got there, I saw that her husband was home. I asked Sister B if she thought her husband would be interested, but she said probably not. I decided to go and meet him anyways. He turned out to be a nice guy who had been taught by the missionaries at the same time Sister B was being taught. We watched the short Restoration video with them and they liked it. I'm excited to see what happens from here. Sometimes there are people who don't appear to be receptive, but we never know unless we try. I also got to go to a baptism this week for a Sister who is very prepared. Her husband also happens to look like a really tan Thorin Oakenshield from the Hobbit and he is way cool. The spirit at her baptism was the strongest that I have felt in a while. I think that I am learning more of how the spirit feels. At the baptism, I felt very calm, very happy, grateful and encouraged. Baptisms are such great places to feel the spirit. Love you lot's!
-Elder Parker


No comments:

Post a Comment