Monday, September 1, 2014

9.1.2014

9.1.2014

Linda (baptized last Saturday) is doing great. She should be going teaching with the sisters this next week, which is a big step for her because she is usually a very reserved person. We are going to see her tonight.

Micron, one of our recent converts is doing well! He went out teaching with Elder Tillotson while his companion, Elder Staley, was cooped up in the Kingstown Apartment. This disease called Chikungunya is sweeping over the island. It makes you super sore and keeps you from moving around, because it makes all of your joints really achy.

Transfers are next Wednesday. I don't know if I will go or not. I have mixed feelings about going. I have made a lot of friends here and I'm excited to see the area continue to grow. I also think it would be nice to get a fresh start somewhere else. One of my Zone leaders, Elder Tillotson will be going home next week and that will be a bummer. We have become really good friends. He should be at BYU when I get home. Zone conference is coming up this next transfer too and we get to go to Barbados!  

We are teaching a family! Ron (the father) and the children are all interested, but we are still working on the mom. I feel like I always need to hear a message about humility. Be thou humble pg. 130 has become one of my favorite and most sung hymns.

I kind have forgotten that my birthday is coming up this next week. I don't know what I would get. I bought some nice playing cards for 5 dollars US, but that's pretty much it.  Thanks for the update on things! It's so weird hearing about my friends mission calls.


Love you, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment