Tuesday, September 23, 2014

9.22.2014

 I miss St. Vincent, but it's really nice having a ward again. This is a Zone conference transfer so I haven't seen the Mehr’s or the AP’s much. Normally I'll be going on splits with the AP's a lot, but I don't really know how much I will see President and Sister Mehr. There is about a 50/50 ratio of Indians to Black people, and there are no white people anywhere, except the other missionaries. It's kind of funny being a minority. My companion is a Utes fan and he lives about 20 minutes away from aunt Robin. (His girlfriend lives very close to them). It sounds like both teams are in for a great year! We tried contacting a guy sitting on a bench with his family a few nights ago and he was a Hindu. Let's just say that he was not ripe fruit. I met two Muslim brothers named Wazzim and Fazzim. They were really nice but neither were prepared to hear about the gospel. Elder Rowley and I are getting along really well. He is into rafting and backpacking and most of the other things that I like to do so we have many common interests. Mom told me about a movie that the Church is producing coming called "The Mormons". That's cool. I wonder how soon we will get a copy of it down here? I still get in some good proselyting time and being in the office makes me want to go out to teach even more than I did before. I enjoy the office work though. The senior couple (The Rays) that we get to work with and the other senior missionary (Sister Ray) are all great. I wish we could get more senior missionaries out here. We will be losing all three of the Rays and several other senior couples and we don't have anybody to replace them. If you know anybody who is thinking about doing a senior missionary, tell them that the West Indies Mission desperately needs some!

Hurrah for Israel!


Love, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment