Tuesday, September 30, 2014

9.29.2014

I haven’t had a full day with just with my companion this transfer. We have always been in temporary trios. Because of that I have only been able to run once. We did 1.25 miles in about 9 or 10 minutes. I don't remember exactly how fast, but I think that it will take some getting used to once I get back home.  President Mehr doesn't have any specific exercise thing that we must do. But I get to play soccer every Saturday.  Elder Rowley played soccer in high school so he's pretty good at it.

I have done one split with the AP's about 3 weeks ago. It was cool to go out and teach with Elder Telga from Martinique. I really admire the spirit that they constantly have with them. It is something that I want to have with me too.

Our teaching pool right now is rebuilding. From the sound of it, in the previous few transfers, very little finding occurred. These past 3 weeks we have been doing a lot of tracting.  We have 3 people with baptismal dates, Richard, Nekiesha, and Racquel. The first two are preparing for Oct. 18th and Racquel is preparing for Nov. 15th. The ward here is nice. We have been fed a few times already. It's awesome to be in a ward with married people again. There is this other family that we are going to start teaching this week that came to church this past Sunday with a member from Venezuela. The dad for the family was having a surprise follow up surgery after being shot in April of this year. We went and gave him a blessing at the hospital just before surgery and it has positively impacted the family. The mom's name is Victoria. Our most prepared investigator is Nekiesha. She has a great fellow shipper in Sister Susan Warner. There is also this mission legend about a vagrant that lives around the church named Lennox, who I met Saturday. You'll definitely have to meet him. He is hilarious. Bishop Ramdhani is way cool too. His son is serving in this mission and he will be coming home in 2 transfers. Trinidad is a nice place to serve.

Love you lots.

Hurrah for Israel!

Love, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment