Thursday, August 28, 2014

8.25.2014 (picture)



Linda was baptized yesterday and then both Linda and Micron were confirmed yesterday. It has been a really good week, but also a very difficult week. Just like Lehi said in 2 Nephi 2:11, there is opposition in all things. We found a cool new family that we are teaching that live up on the same hill where Tristan and Micron live. It's been a great place to go teaching. Micron has read all of the Book of Mormon except Mosiah, Mormon, Ether and Moroni. He is such a great addition to the branch. I got to feel like an EMT again this week when our oldest member (89), Brother Ceaser, passed out in sacrament meeting and then fell onto the tile floor. Thank goodness he wasn't standing. It took 45 minutes for the ambulance to drive what takes us 20 minutes. I didn't even get anyone when I called 911. The phone just rang and rang until the call ended. Thankfully somebody else already had a different number for the hospital and then things worked out fine. Brother Ceaser is now doing well, and is back at his house. We have such a nice medical system in the US. Transfers are in 2 weeks.  That's a bummer to hear about Ben. I have been praying for Sarah and Gabby a lot this week. I was looking back through some old planners and I found that I have been teaching Linda since the second Thursday I got here, way back in February. She has been really fun to teach. I think that I have told you before, but my best memory of teaching her was when Elder Gordon and one of our members (Sister Fisher) went to teach her about how the gospel blesses families. The spirit was strongly felt and I remember being so excited when Linda finally accepted a baptismal date! Then yesterday at church, when we talked about confirming her and especially her receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, her whole countenance just lit up. I have never seen somebody so excited to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost before. Looking forward to another great week!

I would love too get a bike so I could run. I hope my next companion will run with me. I think I'll be getting transferred.


Love, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment