Monday, August 18, 2014

8.18.2014

8.18.2014

This week has been awesome, but it has also been challenging. Micron was baptized and I sent you a picture of that. That was great. He has such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and it was great to hear him share his testimony after the baptism. When Elder Gordon and I first started teaching him last transfer, the first thing that stood out was that he had seriously started reading through the Book of Mormon that Elder Jacobson and I had given him several months before. He understood everything in our first lesson with him and his family. He talked about how the message of the restoration was perfect for him and it answered so many of his questions. He has been great to teach for the whole time and we are going to go see him tonight. He loves church and talks about how he learns so much there. The Book of Mormon has been key in his conversion. It goes really well with some counsel that President Mehr has given to the mission about flooding the West Indies with the Book of Mormon. I'm currently re-reading the Book of Mormon for the 4th time in a year and I learn new things everyday. I'm praying for everybody each day. Now its in the Lord's hands. Can't wait to get that Birthday Card. I hope it doesn't take as long to get here as a package my Zone leaders (who we interact with almost daily) picked up last week. It had been sitting in the post office for three years and lets just say that the cereal in that box was very stale. We have another baptism this next week for Linda. I'm especially excited for her because I have been teaching her for the entire time that I have been here. Love you all! Hurrah for Israel!


-Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment