Monday, December 21, 2015

12.14.2015 (pictures)


We had 5 investigators come to church. Branch attendance has been going up. The peak was 71 at church, but yesterday there were 65 at church in Rosignol. One of our coolest investigators was a referral from our branch president that we taught this week. His name is Henry. He came to church last week after being invited to church by the branch president. Henry has been to church in the past. We met him at church last Sunday and then taught him this week with the branch president and then he came to church again. We are also starting to make some headway on figuring out how to help a less active and his girlfriend get married. They also came to church. There is this other promising investigator who lives right behind us. She is Hindu and was excited to hear about the Book of Mormon. We can only meet with her once a week right now, but hopefully that will change soon. The pig was bought and killed across the river and then Elder Horsley brought it over to our back yard. The pig roast wasn't to celebrate anything in particular but it is a fun unique to Guyana p-day activity. My package is coming down to me this week with the missionaries getting transferred in. I can't believe that I am down to my last transfer. I bet skyping will be at the church. As far as times go, I don't have anything to say yet. I was just thinking about uncle Richard the other day. Is he doing well? This week Elder Leung Choi and I hit 32 lessons for the week. I also got to drive since Elder Leung Choi had a knee problem and I got to borrow the van from Elder Horsley. On Tuesday, Elder Horsley and I taught a zone meeting all about the Book of Mormon. One of the things that stuck out to me was a promised blessing for receiving the Book of Mormon and working righteousness in D&C 20:14 that teaches the blessing to be a crown of eternal life. That has been a focus this week is that the most powerful tool in conversion is the Book of Mormon combined with the spirit. Over the course of my mission I have found that a habit converted people have whether they be members, investigators of missionaries is that they have spiritual experiences while reading the Book of Mormon everyday. Joseph Smith said "that a man will get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts than by any other book." Merry Christmas!
-Love, Elder Parker  

Thanksgiving 2015 

Pig roast on an Ironing board - Elder Dulaki is the cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment