Tuesday, August 11, 2015

8.9.2015

When you first told me about the move, I thought about it a little bit. Most of my friends will be at BYU so I'm not too bummed out. It will be sad to be leaving, but as I have learned more about the importance of eternal families, I am excited to be moving closer to the rest of the family. I think that it is kind of funny that you guys are moving on the same day as transfers. Elder Grimm and I will be staying together as zone leaders for another transfer and then he goes home. A lot of our zone is getting moved around. There will be 2 areas that are getting blanked and 3 brand new trainees along with one sister missionary who will be finishing up her training this transfer. Our investigator pool has gotten better this last week. One investigator, N, is moving along well and is planning on being baptized on September 5th. We had a really good lesson with her last night that originally was going to be on the plan of salvation, but it turned into a lesson about the Atonement and how we apply the atonement by living the gospel. She talked about how she feels lighter when we come over, and then there is a darkness that settles in again when we leave. We explained to her that this is the spirit, and through living the gospel she can have the feelings of light all the time as she lives worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost. L and her 19 year old brother L came to church yesterday along with their 2 other younger brothers. That was exciting, since they haven't been in a little while. P was doing something to his refrigerator. N didn't come because of a shoulder problem. I feel a lot better about our teaching pool now than I did a week ago. I was just reading my patriarchal blessing this morning and I was reminded about the direct link that obedience has with power. I recently renewed my resolve to be exactly obedient, especially with a mission leadership council that was on obedience. I know that the Lord will bless us as we obey his commands with exactness. I'm glad that Gabby was able to have a spiritual experience receiving her patriarchal blessing. I hope she writes down her thoughts about it. That is something that I wish that I had done. I'm excited for Sarah and Gabby to have a good season and a good start to school at Alpine High school? Also the mission office will need our new address and Stake info. Otherwise things are going well.

Love, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment