Monday, August 24, 2015

8.17.2015


Our investigators are doing well. N went to church in Port of Spain since she was over there this weekend, so she is still progressing towards September 5th. She is doing well, and I can see that she is being changed. Her priorities are shifting more towards the things of eternal significance. She is reading the Book of Mormon a lot and we have good spiritual lessons with her. The L are also doing well. P came to church. L was sick, but she woke up her dad to make sure that he came to church. Elder Grimm and I had a great lesson with P this week as we read Alma 32. The spirit was there, and I'm excited to see him continue to progress. I think that his heart has softened enough so that he will accept a new baptismal date. This week showed me how effective reading the Book of Mormon is with people. It invites the spirit so that they learn the lesson they needed to and it leaves minimal room for mistakes since we are just reading instead of talking. Micron should be receiving his mission call soon. I'll let you know when that happens. Other than that I don't know too much about what is happening there. I have been enjoying the work a lot lately and I  believe that it has to do with my increased obedience and really trying to help bring about real growth. Not just having lessons to fill in my schedule, but to help others come closer to Christ. It is those details that make the difference. I believe that the Lord sends his prepared people to his prepared servants. Sarah seems to be having a hard time adjusting. I look forward to having so many temples so close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment