Monday, July 27, 2015

7.27.2015

P and L are doing ok, but they are a little hard hearted right now to the idea that the Sabbath was changed from Saturday to Sunday. They don't quite believe that it was God who changed it to Sunday in remembrance of the Atonement. They are doing well with their other commitments like reading the Book of Mormon and the word of wisdom. P was really sick this weekend so they didn't come to church. Another investigator named R is doing well. We started teaching her and her mom, who lives right next door, recently and we have been having spiritual lessons with them. We have to teach them more simply though because they don't have much of a religious background and reading is a struggle for R’s mother Joanne. Saturday night Elder Grimm and I had a spiritual lesson with R and her kids about the plan of salvation. The kids wanted to sing a song so we sang I am a child of God. It was great way to invite the spirit. It settled the kids all down, and softened her uncle's heart a little bit too. Retelling this experience reminded me of a quote from Hyrum Smith. "Preach the first principles of the Gospel-preach them over again: you will find that day after day new ideas and additional light concerning them will be revealed to you." Even though I had sung that song many times, I understood or rather gained a greater appreciation for them that night as we shared about how each of us are sons and daughters of God. I know that what is taught in that song is true. R has a baptism date for August 22nd. We set some more dates this week with some other people too. President Egbert is my new mission president's name. Our member work has been going good. We find people through referrals and contacting. This has been my favorite branch to serve in so far. I am buying propane tanks today, and then eating ice cream. I emailed grandma too.


Love you lots! -Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment