Monday, January 26, 2015

1.26.2015

All is well this week. We set 6 new baptismal dates this week! We got 9 new investigators too. It sounds like things are going well at home. I can't believe that my friends are almost all out on their missions. I was thinking today about how quickly time has gone and how little time I have left. I feel like I got a bit a second wind this week. I got to do companion study with President Mehr this week. Something that he talked about that stuck with me was a story he shared from the old testament. Actually it was two, that illustrated the same principle. There was one about King Hezekiah, and also about Gideon versus the Middianites. In both cases as these great leaders of ancient Israel followed the council of God, they miraculously came out victorious. So what I learned was let the Lord fight our battles for us. I have been trying to pray as well as I know how this week for Heavenly Father to bless our area with more new investigators who will be progressive and also for more baptismal dates. It was amazing. I felt like the apostles on the fishing ship when the Savior calms the winds and the sea where the apostles ask "What manner of man is this that even the winds and the sea's obey him?" I know that Jesus is the Christ and that when we supplicate with the Father in His Son's name we are blessed, but even so I was in awe. It also made me feel like Moses when he recorded that he knew man was nothing, "which thing he had never before supposed." Wow. I'm trying to keep "digging deeper". I can't wait to hear about my friends experiences as they go out to serve. Let the Lord fight our battles. He will win them. Hurrah for Israel!

Love, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment