Wednesday, April 2, 2014

3.31.2014

3.31.2014

The work is going well, except that while many of our investigators have agreed to baptism, they don't want to put a date to anything so it's making things rather difficult. I spoke about baptism in sacrament meeting yesterday. In third hour the topic was diabetes. That was not what I was expecting. Even so, one of our investigators, Doniesh, still had a great time. She is working on overcoming her smoking addiction and has made friends with Akelia, that member I talked about a few weeks ago. We also had one of our investigators who lives in Georgetown finally attend church up there. That was the last thing she needed to do before she can get a baptism date. Unfortunately, one of our investigators who has been attending church for the last few weeks was not there yesterday. I'm trying to soak in all the experiences I can. I didn’t really realize that I have been out for 2 months. It goes by too fast. What you said about loving the people the way the Savior would is something I have been trying to work on. The last thing I'll share is about a young man (16) named Tristen. He has only met with us in a formal lesson once. We gave him a Book of Mormon about 2 weeks back. This week, we ran into him while walking up a hill from Calliqua. when we sat down with him and started talking with him he shared with us how he knows the Book of Mormon is true. We asked him how and he said "I prayed about it, that's why I believe". That experience showed me the power of reading the Book of Mormon and praying. Also in Sunday school, Doniesh and Akelia both shared how they were experiencing a loss of hope in their lives until Elder Jacobson and I came along, because we shared the gospel with them. The power of the atonement is so amazing. Every day I get to see people changing their lives for the better.


I love you all very much! -Love, Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment