Monday, May 18, 2015

5.18.2015 (Picture)

I am moving back north and the east to be a zone leader there.  I am sad to be leaving Chaguanas, especially because we just started finding people who are starting to progress. I feel like I have said that a lot in emails home lately though. We find people, and then they stop progressing or become elusive.  These new people seem cool though. I think part of it has come as I have tried to allow my heart to be changed. I think it goes back to the principle of progression. The efforts and desires of yesterday, if not improved upon will not be sufficient for today's trials. The more we learn, the more responsibility we have to apply what we learn. A wonderful example of how things have been starting to change occurred last night. Like most good missionary stories it starts off with all of our appointments had fallen through. So Elder Dulaki and I decided that since there were no members that we could visit at the time we would go and contact down a street and see who we could find. After riding down a side road, we saw two people doing something outside, so we took the opportunity to go and speak with them. They quickly invited us to sit down. We taught them the message of the Restoration and they understood very well. As we were preparing to leave, the mother of the family explained to us about how she had been very confused about why there were so many churches if there is only one Lord. She asked God to send some people to her to help her understand. She waited all day long and began to wonder if God would send some people that day. Then near the close of the evening, we showed up. I hope that Elder Dulaki and his new companion will be able to help them come into the gospel. I have begun to see more miracles lately as I have approached the work with more hope and faith. I hope that I will be able to be a profitable servant in Arima.


There was a family that just got back from the temple this week and we helped put a roof on their house. That's what I am standing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment