Tuesday, April 14, 2015

4.7.2015

Elder Montgomery and I spoke at a 40-day after death funeral proceeding. We ate get some good curry and roti. I guess that makes my email from last week kind of funny, because I am still alive. Haha. Anywho, this week was great! Conference was great and I had a really cool experience with prayer. After Priesthood session, my companion and I were cleaning up with some of the members. One of the members had taken offense at something small and unintentional that some of the other missionaries had done. He was quite frustrated with it. My companion and I decided that we would let him cool off, and so we didn't say anything to him that night. After leaving the church, I was concerned about this member who had just recently returned from inactivity. I was worried that he would do as some others have done, and let his offence push him back out of activity.  Later as I prepared for bed, I asked Heavenly Father to please soften this member’s heart. The next day, on Sunday, the very first thing that this member said to me when I saw him again was that he was sorry for what he had said and that it was not appropriate for him as a priesthood holder to act in such a way as he had. I was amazed. I immediately knew that the Lord had answered my prayer.
I pray for you guys everyday. Glad to hear that Ben and Sarah are doing so well in sports. I hope and pray that Gabby get's better soon. I love hearing about how the ward is showing such great love for Grandma.

Love, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment