Monday, May 12, 2014

5.12.2014

I love all the media that the church has put out. I wish I had taken advantage of having easy access to church media when I was home. It invites the spirit whenever the prophet or the apostles speak. For family home evening you should watch a Mormon message or two. We also taught Jadese and Jodi about eternal families. I am so grateful for the blessing of being able to be united as a family forever. Another thing that I have been reflecting on lately goes really well with a verse in 2 Nephi about receiving knowledge line upon line and precept upon precept. (2 Nephi 28:30) Sometimes as a missionary I forget that what I am teaching is something that many people are not familiar with. Just like in school, we can't learn calculus until we first learn addition, people new to the gospel can't understand all about the priesthood until they gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon. It's mango season down here, so there are mango's everywhere! I was admiring a large mango tree this week and looking at all of the fruit on it. I saw that there was fruit high up on the tree and also many mangos that were low on the tree. I think sometimes I look up and want to baptize the high hanging fruit without seeing or really recognizing the ripe fruit that is hanging in front of my face. A young man we just started meeting with more seriously is ready to be baptized. He has already received an answer to his prayer about if the church is true or not and he has been coming to church very consistently. His name is Tristen. I am grateful that he is trying to better follow his Savior, and he has changed a lot since we first met him. Don't miss the fruit, whatever the fruit may represent, that is right in front of us. The work is going well and I pray for you guys everyday!

Hurrah for Israel!


Love, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment