Saturday, June 7, 2014

6.2.2014

We did community service everyday this last week except Monday and Sunday. We swept up the streets and gutters of Kingstown. This week I learned a lot about Faith. I was talking with Elder Jacobson yesterday about how we've had so many miracles this week. The young men that we're teaching were reverent during all of church and we finally got one of our investigators that we've been working with for about 3 months to church and she loved it! It was not at all what she had expected. That also taught me about teaching true doctrine will change the behavior of people more than just telling them to change their behavior. It reminds me of a quote on page 19 of Preach My Gospel. But the main thing is Linda finally came this week! Another miracle we saw was with one of the young men named Michael. We were teaching one of his friends and then at the end Elder Jacobson and I were bearing our testimony's about the Book of Mormon, and then out of the blue, Michael started to bear his testimony about how he knew the Book of Mormon is true too because he had been praying and he received an answer to his prayers. Jadese finally decided to stop breaking the law of chastity by choosing to move out from her boyfriend of 10 years because he wouldn't marry her. We were worried for a while about her, but she is back on track and should be in a new apartment with her daughter as soon as she finds a place. One of the young women received an answer to her prayers about the Book of Mormon and she has a baptismal date now. We have continued to work with a young man named Tristen and he is almost all ready for baptism. It's been a great week. Faith precedes the miracle/s. Before being a missionary, I didn't think that I had a lot of faith. However, in order to have miracles happen, I must have faith. I must have more faith than I think I do. It's that way with a lot of things. It reminds me of running. You don't know how much you really have until you have to push it to the limits and then you find out your true potential. This week started off really difficult, and I felt like I was being pushed to my limits, but then everything else fell into place and it turned out to be my best week so far. 

Hurrah for Israel!

Love, Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment